This is a podcast recording of little sister discussing her experiences in Sunday School learning about Uganda, and making a donation to our church’s mission trip to Uganda. She also shares a prayer for the children of Uganda. She didn’t remember it, but she worked hard cleaning her room and working around the house to donate the money she gave for this mission trip. She gave 80 cents, which was all of the money she had in her own possession at that time.
Monthly Archives: June 2008
Sister created a GREAT VoiceThread this evening about her experiences in a summer camp the past two weeks offered by the Hub Performing Arts School in Lubbock, Texas. The students in the camp performed “Schoolhouse Rock Jr.” which is a musical based on the Schoolhouse Rock short films.
This podcast by dad, brother, sister, little sister and mom includes reflections on the highlights of our family vacation to Jemez Springs, New Mexico. We also discuss geocaching. It was recorded on Friday, June 6, 2008.
This podcast was recorded on Thursday, June 5th, 2008, in Los Alamos, New Mexico at the Bradbury Science Museum. In this podcast, Wesley Fryer reflects on the role Los Alamos played in the ending of World War II in the Pacific theater of combat and inauguration/start of the atomic/nuclear age.
- Bradbury Science Museum – Los Alamos
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- The Manhattan Project (WikiPedia)
- Podcast214: Surrender of the Japanese to the United States Aboard the USS Missouri (a retelling in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii)
- Photos of and aboard the USS Missouri in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii (December 2007)
- The Sadako Story
- “Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes” (Eleanor Coerr)
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum (Japan)
- Valles Caldera National Preserve
- Jemez Springs, New Mexico